In Connecticut, you are required to have liability car insurance at the following minimum limits:
- $20,000 for bodily injury, per person per accident.
- $40,000 for bodily injury, total per accident.
- $10,000 for property damage per accident.
The state of Connecticut also requires you to carry uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage to help with your medical bills after an accident caused by either:
- An uninsured driver.
- A driver who does not have adequate insurance coverage to pay your medical bills.
Your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage must have the minimum coverage amounts of:
- $20,000 per person.
- $40,000 total per accident