Flood Insurance in Connecticut
- You don’t have to live in a high-risk flood zone to be affected by a flood. Floods and flash floods can occur anywhere, even just an inch of water can cause damage to your property. That being said, every home or business is at risk of flood, so work with a Pawson agent to cover your property from loss.
- According to FEMA, the average homeowners flood insurance premium is approximately $500 a year. Premiums for flood insurance will vary depending on risk level for a flood loss, the amount of coverage chosen, the type of coverage needed, and the preferred deductible.
What does Flood Insurance Cover?
- Personal belongings, such as clothing, furniture, and electronic equipment.
- Portable and window air-conditioners.
- Portable microwave ovens and portable dishwashers.
- Carpets that are not included in building coverage.
- Clothing washers and dryers.
- Food freezers and the food in them.
- Certain valuable items such as original artwork and furs (up to $2,500).
- The insured building and its foundation.
- Electrical and plumbing systems.
- Central air-conditioning equipment, furnaces, and water heaters.
- Refrigerators, cooking stoves, and built-in appliances such as dishwashers.
- Permanently installed carpeting over unfinished flooring.
- Permanently installed paneling, wallboard, bookcases, and cabinets.
- Window blinds.
- Detached garages (up to 10 percent of building property coverage; other than garages, detached buildings require a separate building property policy).
- Debris removal.
Get started today!
A licensed advisor will follow-up with you shortly after completing this form. We look forward to working with you.
Flood Insurance Quote
Friendly advice from our buyer’s guide: