Best home insurance in Connecticut
- Owning a home in Connecticut means you’re never far from the mountains, ocean, city or countryside. Who has it better? With Pawson Insurance conveniently located in south central Connecticut our agents are never far from personal support that can help you keep your home protected.
- In order to feel at ease about your home’s safety, you need a customized homeowners insurance policy exclusively tailored to meet your specific needs.
- That’s why at Pawson you will be personally assigned to a local agent who will answer any questions you may have about the policy, including personal property coverage, liability and more. We will work to tailor your homeowners insurance policy so that you can be sure you are getting the perfect amount of coverage for the most competitive price.
- A basic homeowners insurance policy (called HO-1 in insurance terms) protects your home and possessions if they’re damaged or destroyed by the following:
- Windstorm (unless you live in a hurricane zone)
- Hail (not available everywhere)
- Civil commotion
- Aircraft (and things falling from aircraft)
- Vehicles (and things thrown from vehicles)
- Vandalism (although some policies exclude this)
- Malicious mischief
- No matter which basic policy you get, it’s not going to cover everything than can damage or destroy your home. Typical homeowners policies don’t cover:
- Nuclear accidents
- Sewer backups
- Sump pump failure
- Ground movement and holes caused by mining (known as mine subsidence insurance)