So what exactly does travel insurance cover?
We’ll give you the short answer: Cancellations, loss or delays, evacuations, and medical expenses.
Okay so now for the official definition. Travel insurance is an insurance coverage item created to cover the expenses and also losses, as well as lower the risk connected with, unforeseen events you may incur while traveling.
What does Travel Insurance Cover?
1. Medical Emergencies
This is often the most overlooked aspect of travel insurance.
Most believe their existing health care insurance will cover their medical emergencies when traveling. This is most certainly the case within the US, but not abroad. Most health insurance coverages do not cover while traveling outside of the US, especially Medicare.
When you purchase medical expense coverage you are covered clinical expenses. It covers you if you need to be airlifted to a medical facility as a result of a crash or sudden disease if you are sick or injured as well as a need to spend a prolonged time in a foreign healthcare facility, or if you need to be flown home to receive the correct treatment.
2. Cancelled Trips
Trip cancellation insurance coverage also referred to as journey disturbance insurance policy or trip hold-up insurance repays you for prepaid, nonrefundable traveling expenses if you need to cancel the trip due the following, but not exclusive to:
- Sickness, injury, or death of you, a family member, or a traveling companion
- Hurricane damages your destination or cancels your flight
- Laid off from work or required to work
- Terrorist incident in your destination city
- Bankruptcy of your travel supplier
- Called for jury duty
- For the full list check out Travel Insurance Review
3. Lost bags and delayed bags
There are two types of baggage coverage that may be available on a travel insurance policy:
- Baggage delay coverage: This coverage may help reimburse you for the reasonable additional purchase of essential items during your trip if your baggage is delayed or misdirected,
- Baggage loss/damage coverage: If your bags are lost or stolen, you may need to buy all new clothes and supplies. This coverage may help reimburse you for your personal items, up to a certain maximum amount.
Those are just a few of the important ways travel insurance will keep you protected while you traveling. If you are interested in purchase travel insurance, please fill out the form below.
Digital Marketing Director
Pawson Insurance | Legal Disclaimer |
Informational statements regarding insurance coverage are for general description purposes only. These statements do not amend, modify or supplement any insurance policy. Consult the actual policy or your agent for details regarding terms, conditions, coverage, exclusions, products, services and programs which may be available to you. Your eligibility for particular products and services is subject to the final determination of underwriting qualifications and acceptance by the insurance underwriting company providing such products or services. Statements on this website as to policies and coverages provide general information only. This information is not an offer to sell insurance.